Catholic Charities of Southern Illinois
- A federation of 15 ministries in over 20 locations, serving the 28 southernmost counties in the State of Illinois.
- Seven of these counties are the very poorest in the State of Illinois.
- Serves children, single parents, intact families, seniors, immigrants, unwed mothers, the unemployed, the homeless, the working poor, the homebound, the incarcerated, the illiterate, rural residents, family farmers, urban residents, and the malnourished.
- Does not serve only Catholics; poverty does not discriminate, and neither do we. Friends need not be Catholic to work, volunteer or support our mission.
- Believes that we are called to action by our baptism, not because we hope to attract converts through our ministries.
Our mission: To reach out in Christian love to the people of Southern IL, to assist them with their basic needs, and to affect changes in self and in society that promote justice and human dignity.
Back to Top